In JCAHO standard EC.5.1 it says that hospital patients can smoke when
authorized by a licensed independent practitioner.  However, this must be
based on "criteria approved by the medical staff".  Have any of your
hospitals set up any of this "criteria"?  If so, could we have the name
of a contact person so that our Risk Management director could speak to
him/her?  Thanks for your help.

Joann Paine, Director, Munro Medical Library
St. Mary's Hospital & Medical Center -- "We're Here for Life"
P.O. Box 1628, Grand Junction, CO  81502
Voice:  303-244-2171***Fax:  303-244-7509***Internet:  [log in to unmask]