Diane,

My library is in the range of medium sized.  I supply many services to
smaller libraries and receive many from larger libraries.  I cannot speak
for large libraries, but the feeling we have here in Michigan is that we
are a network providing information services to physicians and allied
health and hospital personnel who need the information for patient care.

We have no feeling of owing or needing to have services back.  I know
that budgets are being cut and downsizing is a fact of life right now.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about asking MEDLIB-L for help.  Those
who are too busy or cannot take the time to answer will delete.  Those
who can help will be glad to do so.

I have been in this job for twenty-three years next month and have seen
the explosion of information first hand.  Be glad to have the resources
that the Internet provides.  Say thank you to people and be gracious in
your acceptance of help (as you certainly are).

Barbara Kormelink   [log in to unmask]
Bay Medical Center Library,  Bay City, MI