Dear Paul:

I understand your feelings about Physician's Online, and I also prefer
the other versions of MEDLINE.  However, I have given physicians the
information on Physicians Online, but I tell them:  1. That I am not
recommending it 2. That it is NOT free, that drug companies are
subsidizing it, and 3. We have a CD-ROM (KnowledgeServer by Aries) that
I highly recommend.  I also give them other low-cost dial-up sources of
MEDLINE:  Our CD-ROM network if they have a MacIntosh, or GratefulMed
if they do not.  I do not feel that I am selling Physicians Online, only
telling our doctors what is out there.

Ellen Rothbaum
Medical LIbrary
North Shore University Hospital
Manhasset, New York

PS:  Haven't you noticed how cheap some physicians are?