     There are no plans to discontinue indexing the journals important for
     hospital administration and planning.  HEALTH has been a cooperative
     venture between AHA and NLM and this cooperation is expected to
     continue. NLM remains committed to continuing to provide indexing to
     these journals, as is AHA.  More than a year ago however AHA and NLM
     began discussions to merge HEALTH and HSTAR to provide one database
     which will improve searching and reduce the duplication of citation
     maintenance.  This new combined database HealthSTAR will be announced
     shortly and available early in 1996.  These plans were independent of
     AHA's decision on re-engineering its information and library services.
     Although I cannot address issues of the AHA library, I can reassure
     all health science librarians that the HEALTH journals will continue
     to be indexed and their contents accessible.

     Lois Ann Colaianni
     Associate Director, Library Operations
     National Library of Medicine