    From: [log in to unmask] ("William e. Moen")
    To: [log in to unmask]
    Subject: Info about Z39.50 Protocol
    Date: Sat, 30 Sep

    Quite some time ago, you contacted Clifford Lynch about information on
    the Z39.50 protocol.  He forwarded your message to me since I was working
    on a document that might be of interest to you.  The document is now
    available electronically, and it is:

    The ANSI/NISO Z39.50 Protocol: Information Retrieval in the Information
    Infrastructure. William E. Moen.  Bethesda, MD: NISO Press
    <http:// www.cni.org/pub/NISO/docs/Z39.50-1992/www/50.brochure.toc.html>

    I hope this is helpful.  And I apologize for the delay in its publication.

    Cheers,
    Bill Moen
    William E. Moen                     School of Library and Information Sciences
    Email: [log in to unmask]             University of North Texas
    Tel: 817-565-3563 or 2445   PO Box 13796
    Fax: 817-565-3101           Denton, Texas  76203