Date:    Tue, 3 Oct 1995 11:10:47 -0700
From:    Valerie Schultheiss <[log in to unmask]>

> On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Laurie Potter wrote:

>> I just read a review of the movie, "Hackers" and in it the reviewer
>  lists the 4 most commonly used passwords:
>
>                 love, sex, secret and god
>
>> So you probably don't want to use one of these...   --Laurie

> Actually you probably don't want to use anything that's recognizable
> as a word.  This of course makes it harder to remember the
> password....

> Val

A solution to this is to have a key phrase - maybe a favorite quote or
something - and use the first letters of the words.  Or the third
letters, or whatever.  Then alphabetize one or more (but not all!) of
the letters.

Jerry Carlson                E-Mail:   [log in to unmask]
Medical Librarian            Phone:    (303) 495-7323
Poudre Valley Hospital       Fax:      (303) 495-7625
1024 Lemay Ave                _                       )
Fort Collins CO 80524        nVmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM