From: [log in to unmask]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: HOSPITAL LIBRARIES
content-length: 1543

On the advice of some of my respondents, I would like to revise an earlier
posting.  My name is Jim Skypeck and I am taking a library administration
class at UMass/URI and I need to write a budget for a library I "developed"
in an earlier paper.  Since I chose a hospital library, the onus is on me to
figure out what resources a teaching hospital's library might possess.  Is
more money spent on multimedia and on-line resources now than on printed
texts?  If so, how much more percentage-wise?  What might be ball-park
figures for each in a library which services an entire county and a
medical&nursing school?  Do such libraries ever get resources from the
schools themselves?  Do nursing units purchase basic health data booklets for
the patients,e.g., American Heart Association pamphlets on heart attacks or
booklets by the American Cancer Society, or does that fall on the library?  I
know these are questions who answers will vary from place to place but I'm
more interested in general info that specific info about A library ( that is,
I don't need to know that Mass General's library spends $8,000 on media
resources but rather than generic on-line services range in price from $X to
$Y).
  Also, someone suggested i post on a Medlib-1 service but I've tried twice
and I'm just not getting it.  The address I received was
:[log in to unmask] but that doesn't work.  Any suggestions or
could someone forward my questions to said listeserv?  Thanks!
                                                               Jim Skypeck

 ---------- Start of forwarded message ----------

                                                              Message#   172369