Call for Policies for Visitors to Health Sciences Libraries
I am soliciting documents to include in a new DocKit to be
published by the Medical Library Association:  Policies for
Visitors to Health Sciences Libraries.  My aim is to collect
policies from libraries of all sorts, indicating your definition
and treatment of visitors.

Please send me your policy statements or other evidence of
policies, such as signs and sign-up sheets that show priorities.
Who may come in to your facility to use the materials in your
collection?  Who may use your equipment?  How do you define who
may receive services, and which services?

Please send these documents if you are in:

     *a library in a private or public institution
     *a library in a medical school, another academic health sciences
      setting, or a hospital
     *a nursing, veterinary, cancer, pharmaceutical, psychiatric,
      dental, consumer health or association library
     *a library in a small, medium, or large institution
     *a main, departmental, or branch library
     *a U. S. library in the East, the South, the Midwest, or the
      West
     *a rural or an urban institution

Submit your policies by November 30, 1995, or soon thereafter, to the
address below.

All documents need to be 8-1/2" x 11", in camera-ready format
(i.e., originals or clear photocopies).  Please submit the text of
signs, and a statement about where each sign is posted, in the
same manner.

With your documents, include your National Network of Libraries
of Medicine region number, and the name, street address, phone
number, and e-mail address of a contact person.  Characterize
your library and location using the descriptions above, or other terms
for any descriptions I may have omitted.

Be sure that your type of library and your region is represented!

Please do your bit to advance the profession!  Thank you for
your participation.

    Terry Wiggins, M.S., AHIP                internet:[log in to unmask]
    Director, Idaho Health Sciences Library
    Campus Box 8089, Idaho State University        fax: (208) 236-4687
    Pocatello, ID 83209-8089                     voice: (208) 236-4182