        H E A L T H   P R O M O T I O N   O N - L I N E
        ===================================

ARE YOU OUT OF THE LOOP?
*      You need direct access to Health Canada's health
        promotion information
*       Absolutely no membership or user fees
*       Fast, interactive, easy to use
*       Accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week

WHAT IS HEALTH PROMOTION ONLINE?
A free electronic bulletin board service (BBS) providing up-to-date
bilingual health information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.   An
interactive messaging and information tool that will bring the health
community closer together.   Help menus and simple prompts ensure
user-friendly environment.   Secure and tamper-proof service areas.

NOW ACCESSIBLE EITHER BY INTERNET or PHONE.
Health Promotion On-Line is now accessible by
Telnet: 204.187.49.3 ansi, or through the World Wide Web:
http://hpb1.hwc.ca/links/healthcan/hpon_e.htm

In order to enter Health Promotion On-Line you will have to select
a supporting Telnet application from your browser's Preference or
Options menu.  Unfortunately with most Telnet applications colour
is not supported; however, there are some Telnet applications and
commercial communications software (such as the new versions
of Procomm, Telix or QModem Pro) that are able to show colour
screens. It is best to experiment with the options available to see
what your computer can show.

Of course, you can also dial directly to Health Promotion On-Line
bulletin board at (613) 941-2806.

WHY DO I NEED IT?
*       Useful Calendar of national and international events
*       Directory of Canadian Health and Social Organizations
*       Keyword search capabilities make it simple to find information
         in seconds using words, phrases, names or dates
*       Do-it-yourself social marketing plan and other
        step-by-step tutorials
*       Health Promotion and Programs Branch telephone
        and address directory
*       Valuable interaction with other users through e-mail feature
         (over 600 subscribers from around the world)
*       Selected information can be downloaded
        to your own computer quickly and easily.

STAY IN THE LOOP.
One-stop-shopping at HPO for health promotion services on such
topics as:
*       tobacco
*       alcohol and other drugs
*       nutrition
*       AIDS
*       cardiovascular disease
*       child and family health
*       grants and contributions opportunities
*       health promotion studies
*       social marketing programs
*       school health
*       women and tobacco
*       research, surveys and evaluations

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT HPO.
        "I loved the new child health letters you've added on
        here...and the friendly help menus, too!"
                Arlette Lefebvre
                Sick Children's Hospital, Toronto

        "This is a great way to deliver timely information
        while saving money and the environment."
                Francois Couture,
                Translator, Montreal

        "I'm at a beginner level and I've been surfing
        and enjoying it.  Very user- friendly."
                Betty Anne Turpin

        "Three cheers for HPO"
                Michael Loft

Stop in when you have the time to browse.  There's a lot to check out!

--
 Eric Snyder - Ottawa, Canada  |  Internet Business Services
 Targeted Communication Mgt    |  Corporate Internet Strategy