Given what you were doing, a "Lingering of Librarians" might be most
appropriate;  I've heard a "Babble  of Librarians" used, but I think they
were suffering from information overload;  "BUNdle of Librarians, or
Susurration of Librarians" are just too stereotypic; a "Shelf/Range/
Stack/Pocket of Librarians" too mundane; "Bibble of Librarians"  too
restrictive; I'll just have to consult my dictionary of collective nouns -- on
my shelf at home -- and see if it offers any assistance.

>>> Nancy Lynam-Davis <[log in to unmask]> 11/22/95 >>>
The librarians from our system were standing together near our vice
president's office when she came out and tried to say, "Oh, a _____ of
librarians."  At that moment she wasn't able to fill in the blank and neither
were we.  Can you?  A bevy of quail, a _____ of librarians.