Dear colleagues,

As co-chair of the hospital's patient education committee, I am
currently involved in writing a proposal for a patient education center.  As
part of our proposal, we would like to compare data from other hospitals in the
following areas:

Physical size and layout

Staffing (i.e., paid staff, volunteers, students, etc.)

Hours of operation

Utilization statistics

Year of establishment

Funding sources

Collection contents (type of media, collection size and scope)

Services offered (i.e., reference in person, by mail, by e-mail, fax, etc.
                  community health education classes
                  personal consultations with health professionals
                  and any other services you may offer)

I would be very appreciative if those of you with operational patient
education centers would share this information with me.

In turn, I will summarize for the list, since I feel that many of us are
probably planning for similar efforts in our institutions.

Many thanks in advance for all your assistance! :)

Debbie Skolnik             Phone:   301-896-3199 **NEW PHONE**
Medical Librarian          Fax:     301-896-7310 **NEW FAX**
Suburban Hospital          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Bethesda, MD 20814