On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Health Sciences Libraries Consortium wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
>         I was in a meeting with my administrator the other day and
> was expressing my desire to attend a pre-JCAHO strategy session.  When
> I was asked why I should be included in the meeting (one in which the library
> and it's future would be discussed), I stated that "who better to represent
> the library and its' interests than the librarian".
>
>         I would like to know from all of you if what I said was wrong,
> in theory or reality.  I do realize that many of my patrons feel very
> strongly about the library and would defend its' continuation.
>
>         Please let me know what you think!  THANKS!
>
> Lynn Sirotnak                   Community Medical Center
> [log in to unmask]              1800 Mulberry Street
> (p): (717)969-8179              Scranton, PA  18510
> (f): (717)969-8902

Lynn:

I know that administrators are not necessarily hired for their brain
power, but this really boggles the mind.  Do you visualize any other
department head (you ARE a departmenthead, aren't you?) being left oout
of a discussion of their department's future?  No, you certainly were not
out of line.

Lee Hover
Information Developers
Computer-Based Research