Subject: Re: Carotid Criteria
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet
Date:    1/19/96 5:10 AM

Dear Brian and fellow flownetters,

This scheme reminds me of a local radiologist who writes in his reports that
the "ICA has a 43% stenosis while the common carotid has a 67% stenosis".
Whew, I must be slipping but I can't massage my QA enough to get either of
these methods to work for me.

Like someone said "Show me"

Bart Bean

This reminds me of the worried surgeon that came up to me at a meeting  asking
for advice because his competition reported out stenoses as "62.72% (yes folks,
to the hundreth of a percent - I saw the report he had) and it makes us look bad
as we give the range of 50-79%"  Bottom line - it matters less what criteria you
use and more that you have the internal validation to support it.    Bill / Fl