     Dear Colleagues,

     In an effort to refine the current understanding of librarians' roles,
     and define potential new roles in a rapidly evolving information
     environment, we are undertaking a survey of health information
     professionals.  If you would like to participate in this study, please
     take some time to complete our questionnaire, which you can find at
     http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/adl/survey/.  Your input will help
     provide the community with an up-to-date view of current requirements,
     expected roles, and career paths.

     Sincerely,

     William W. Stead. M.D.
     Associate Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Vanderbilt University
     Medical Center Director, Eskind Biomedical Library

     Nunzia Giuse, M.D., M.L.S.
     Director, Active Digital Library

     PLEASE NOTE:  This survey uses HTML 3 and HTML forms, which are
     supported by Netscape's Navigator and NCSA's Mosaic web browsers.
     OS/2's Web Explorer may not have the capability to display HTML forms.
     If your browser can't show you the survey, a message will appear
     giving you further instructions and a link to follow to get in touch
     with VUMC's webmaster.