I am looking for practice parameters or guidelines for loop excision of
the transformation zone (LETZ) ; loop electrosurgical excisional
procedure (LEEP); loop diathermy treatment; or large loop excision of the
transformation zone (LLETZ).  My physician would like to compare and
contrast these therapies to cryosurgery or cryotherapy of the cervix.  So
far I have searched MEDLINE and HSTAR using the above terms as well as
cervix dysplasia, colposcopy, electrosurgery, cryosurgery with
physician's practice patterns; guidelines; health planning guidelines,
etc.  I have also searched the AMA's  1995 DIRECTORY OF PRACTICE
PARAMETERS.  Have also searched through our collection of guidelines so
generously received from Medlibbers!  So far, have come up with very
little.  What am I missing?  Would ACOG have something?  Any advice or
direction would be well received.  You may e-mail me at: [log in to unmask]

TIA!

Madelyn Hall
Southwest Washington Medical Center Library
Vancouver, WA