To anyone who is interested! I am seeking advice!
I have searched for a long time for a reason to preserve an extensive
reprint file compiled by my husband, Dr Eoin Aberdeen, a pediatric
cardiothoracic
surgeon, who worked in Australia, UK, and USA from 1953 until his death in
1986. Now I intend to move from our home and must discard these papers, but
before I do I am exploring for the last time in case these materials would
be useful to an academic institution for research or any other project.
Eoin culled articles from numerous journals, intending to build a nucleus
data base for his field, which he hoped would be developed, as many
databases have been,into a part of his 1960 concept of an internet resource.The
papers are topic organised and cross referenced for easy retrieval.
Unfortunately, he did not link up with the right computer group to realise
his aspiration, despite persistant effort. The collection antedates the
computerisation of Index Mnedicus. I have contributed copies of selected
papers to the International Register of Randomised Clinical Trials,
directed by Dr Iain Chalmers of Oxford University. If you have a suggestion
for a additional use for this collection I would be glad to know it. Yours
sincerely
Virginia Aberdeen BS

Virginia Aberdeen
Biology Department