I received a call yesterday from a corporate librarian.  One of
her staff has a child who has sustained traumatic eye damage -
specifically to the optic nerve.

She has checked MEDLINE and searched the WWW.  Her patron is
looking for Internet sites that might list alternatives to an
eye transplant and/or give info on transplatation of a cadaver
eye as opposed to replacement with a glass eye.

I'll post a notice on the alternative med list, but thought I'd
throw it out here just in case anyone here has come accross any good info
sources.

TIA - Katherine
--
Katherine Rickett                Voice (804) 482-6126
Health Sciences Library          Fax   (804) 482-6217