I was searching for Oncology centers, wanting some kind of quality
designation.  After calls to NCI, NIH and regional cancer centers was told
that there is no such list.

I would be surprised if such commendations appear outside of the popular
literature "Best Hospitals" etc type articles due to possible suits and the
'somewhat' subjective nature of this designation.  If I overlooked
something would be glad to find out.  Thanks.

>We think this is designated by HCFA, but I didn't find anything in the
>Federal Register index on the Internet. No answer at HCFA, when calling.
>If anyone has heard of these and has info, I would appreciate a response.
>They supposedly also have them for cardiology.
>
>Barbara Harness/Librarian
>Central Maine Medical Center
>Lewiston, Me. 04240
>Phone:207-795-2561;Fax:207-795-2569
>Internet:[log in to unmask]

Margaret Vugrin
Reference Librarian
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Library
Lubbock, TX 79430

[log in to unmask]   or
Voice: 806-743-2241
FAX:   806-743-2218