I responded privately to the person who asked about Graves Disease, as I
have to other non-librarians asking questions about health problems.  It
is also how I dealt with a distracted manager who once stopped me in the
elevator and said, "a relative just had a child born with
neurofibromatosis, and the family contacted me because I work for an HMO.
What shall I tell them?"  I go onto Dirline, and find support associations
(usually with 800 numbers) for them to contact.  The fact that the
persons are asking around for information usually means they have not
been told about the array of organizations out there.  I am continually
surprised at the variety of organizations for so many different health
problems.  If lost people contact this list, they should be
pointed the some of these groups which might be of help.   Anelle Kloski