> I will be one of the presenters at a seminar sponsored by the "Ninth
>      Woman", June 3, 1996.   This is an organization for breast cancer
>      patients, their relatives, and friends.  It will be a one hour
>      presentation, including handouts, online demo, Q&A.
>
>      I will need to know what's available on the net... web sites,
>      listservs, users groups, what ever is out there for the lay person
>      relating to breast cancer -  support and advancements.

I have given similar presentations and found the following Net resources
most useful:

New York State Breast Cancer Information Clearinghouse
http://nysernet.org/bcic/

NABCO (National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations)
http://nabco.org/

Oncolink
http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/

CancerNet (National Cancer Institute and NIH)
http://wwwicic.nci.nih.gov/CancerNet.html

Cancerguide
http://cancerguide.org/breast.html
(includes info on bone marrow transplantation and Taxol, as well.

What You Need to Know About Breast Cancer (U of Arizona)
http://www.azcc.arizona.edu/www/text_files/education/breast/br-index.html

Breast Cancer Discussion Mailing List:
To subscribe: Send a message to [log in to unmask]
Leave the subject line blank, and set the first message line to:
subscribe BREAST-CANCER your_first_name your_last_name

Valerie Rankow
from Long Island NY, where the rate for breast cancer is 1 in 9