When I worked as a medical librarian/CME Coordinator, we took that
problem through our CME Committee and set up a 4 hour CME seminar on a
Saturday morning.  We invited a guest physician instructor who was very
computer literate, the local computer shop owner, myself and our CME
committee chair.  We established about 6 computer stations, gave an
introductory overiew of the day's events and then worked each participant
on each computer station for hands on.  By the end of the session they
had been introducted to word processing, lotus, online searching, basic
keyboarding.

We set it up with appropriate planning so that they could get Category 1
CME credit.

Some physicians did not even know how to type!  We had a lot of fun with
it, it was low key (no pun intended) and relaxed.  The critiqued it as
one of the better learning experiences and asked to have an advanced class.

Jan Stilson