In message <[log in to unmask]>, Lynn K
Sabol <[log in to unmask]> writes
>John, how about "A Person Can Develop a Cold" from Guys and Dolls.  Is it
>Miss Adelaide's Lament?  Can't remember the exact title, or spelling for
>that matter.
>Lynn

Adelaide's Lament it certainly is! I've played for more amateur
productions of that show than any other except PIRATES OF PENZANCE, the
most recent being just before Christmas. Adelaide reads aloud from a
psychology book to explain to her fiance, Nathan Detroit, that her
recurring cold is psychosomatic: it comes and goes with the ups and
downs in their relationship.

Helga
Gloucestershire Royal NHS Trust
Helga Perry [log in to unmask]
"just consider this your version of chasing a mechanical mouse, only
this time the gods are pushing the buttons.  there's really nothing
much we can do, except get through it. consider disneyland a reward
for the struggle."  [ldb 1996]