OK, thanks to the help of a very helpful librarian from NLM, we've
tracked down the problem..... information systems people made Program
Manager READ ONLY, and thus my system is a complete mess because I can't
manage my own desktop!!  GrrR!

Now to get the thing unlocked.......

"There is only one real blasphemy--the refusal of joy." --Paul Rudnick
                Paul Blobaum   [log in to unmask]
    Medical Librarian, COLUMBIA Olympia Fields Osteopathic Hospital
             20201 S. Crawford Ave   (708) 747-4000 x1190
         Olympia Fields, IL 60461    (Midwestern University)