On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Nicola J Cecchino wrote:

> The "FILE" menu is across the top of your screen, it should look like:
>
> FILE    EDIT    ,etc....

No, as I said in my message, there is *no* "File" menu at the top of my
screen.

The problem was traced to the progman.ini file, in which the Files value
was altered to be hidden.  End of problema.

THanks for the help to everyone!

paul

"There is only one real blasphemy--the refusal of joy." --Paul Rudnick
                Paul Blobaum   [log in to unmask]
    Medical Librarian, COLUMBIA Olympia Fields Osteopathic Hospital
             20201 S. Crawford Ave   (708) 747-4000 x1190
         Olympia Fields, IL 60461    (Midwestern University)