I've been following with interest the current discussion on consumer health
resources in print.  I would like to change the thread of the discussion a
bit by asking for your input on internet resources for consumer health.  Are
there any materials (print or otherwise) that are especially recommended for
consumer health information on the internet?  I have also been searching the
literature for information on the pros and cons of patients and consumers
searching the internet for health information, but haven't found much.  If
you're aware of any such articles, books, etc. with this type of information,
I'd be grateful if you would share your references with me. I would also
be interested in any first-hand experiences (good or bad) that you or your
customers may have had in accessing consumer health information on the
internet.  With the proliferation of consumer health information available on
the internet, I think this is an important area of discussion.

*   Linda Karch               [log in to unmask]    *
*   Health Sciences Library   (716) 828-2160 voice         *
*   Mercy Hospital            (716) 828-2716 fax           *
*   565 Abbott Road                                        *
*   Buffalo, NY  14220                                     *