Someone from our lab asked me for information on a new, very virulent
strain of the AIDS/HIV virus.  It's apparently active in Thailand, and
one casual exposure can transmit the disease.

She saw a TV program about this in the last week or so, but hasn't seen
anything in print.

I've tried AIDSLINE, Health and Medicine in the News, Journal Graphics,
several Netscape browser searches, and drawn a blank on this particular
topic.  I can find info on AIDs in Thailand, but nothing new enough to
discuss type E of this virus.

If any of you remember seeing this show, or can point me to a source for
this info that I've overlooked, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance! :)

Debbie Skolnik             Phone:   301-896-3199 **NEW PHONE**
Medical Librarian          Fax:     301-896-7310 **NEW FAX**
Suburban Hospital          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Bethesda, MD 20814