OK, I'm throwing this out to see if anyone recognizes this:

In the last 12-18 months I read an article somewhere about a solo
librarian using patron evaluations as a basis for her annual performance
review. (In other words, she asked her customers to rate her service,
then she and her boss used this for her annual review.)

I imagine it was in one of the MANY library newsletters I read, but darn
it, I can't find it or remember where I saw it. Could have been an SLA
newsletter.  Does anyone else remember seeing this?

HELP!

Oh, and I guess this means that I can no longer secretly mock my patrons
who come to me and say "Umm, I remember reading something recently, I
don't know who wrote it, but, ummm, it was about performance reviews,
and, ummm, I think it was probably in a library-type publication, but,
ummm, I'm not too sure."  ** I've become my own worst nightmare! **

Many thanks and smileys to anyone who read this far!

Nancy Firchow             [log in to unmask]
Medical Library
O'Connor Hospital
San Jose, CA