My residents & attendings frequently ask for varying degrees of help in
getting an article ready for publication...generally it is brief
information/corrections to author citation or missing page #'s, etc.  I
also do this as a matter of course, rather like telling someone the
correct spelling/usage of a term/word...quick ref, normal library
service.  If, however, I did extensive editing involving several hours of
time & consultation it might well be another story & if it happens often
enough it would constitute an extraordinary service & be chargeable.
Nancy from Temple [log in to unmask]