Couresty of the HIM-L.  Mary
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   [log in to unmask] (mDavidian)
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date: 96-03-12 12:34:28 EST

     Pharmacology professor, William Hughes, Ph.D.  His response follows:

     Food-drug interactions are designated as:
     HP = Highly predictable.  Interaction occurs in almost all pts
     receiving the
     interacting combination
     P = Predictable. Interaction occurs in most pts receiving the
     combination NP = Not predictable.  Interaction occurs only in some pts
     receiving the
     combination
     NE = Not established.  Insufficient data available on which to base
     estimate
     of predictability

     Most likely "clinically significant" food-drug interactions refers
     only to those interactions classified as HP and P

     Hope this is helpful to the group.