So, where are all of you who so eagerly responded when I was soliciting
dates? (Don't _anyone_ have fun with that comment!!)  So far, 6 confirmed
RSVP's from this list, plus some friends of mine not on the list.  Here's a
repost of the announcement - RSVP to me via private e-mail if you want "in".

>Here's the news you've been waiting for with baited breath!! (Buy some
mouthwash, will you??!!)  The Tuckerman announcement!!

>OK, here's the scoop:  April 27 or 28.  I'll watch the weather/snow/avi
forecasts during the week leading up to those days, and choose a date based
upon that.  With any luck, given the snowpack we've had this year, the
summit snowfields and the Sherburne Ski Trail will both be skiable at that
time, and the avi danger should have subsided by then.  At the moment
there's a ton of cover, but as most of you know by now the avalanche
conditions are rather up-and-down right now.  I'm not about to go if it's
pouring buckets or if the slide danger is of any significance.

>Call me a wimp, call me a prima donna, but I'm not into that winter camping
kind of thing.  There's something to be said for a hot shower and not having
to eat freeze-dried food.  I'll be making reservations for myself and the
dog (although I'll feel pretty stupid bringing a dog named Tuckerman along -
can you hear me calling his name while hiking up the trail?!) at the Town &
Country Motor Inn in Gorham (603-466-3315) and we can use that as a
get-together spot the night before for getting acquainted.  Prior experience
is that the rates there at that time of year are very, very reasonable.

>Please RSVP as soon as possible, so I can get an idea of the size of our group.
>
>Be there!!  This promises to be a stellar trip, and perhaps my last chance
to ski the Tuckerman steeps.

Marc Guido                  Jay Peak Ski Patrol
Burlington, VT

First Tracks!!, an online ski magazine:
http://www.rpi.edu/~guidom/FirstTracks.html

Adirondack Boardsailing Club: