Jay Silveira wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Jerold A. Abramson wrote:
>
> > $25 to ski one trail in May at K-mart seems a little absurd to me!
>
>         The times that I've been to Killington in May, I think its been
> $20 bucks, but that's not actually the point for me.  The thing that really
> makes it worthwhile is that it is essentailly state-of-the-art bump
> skiing.  Nowhere else have I seen such high quality lines that continue
> on for so long.  This is due to a comination of maliable spring snow, no
> grooming, and excellent skiers making good lines.  In my experience, to
> find a consistent line that lasts for more than ten to twenty bumps is
> pretty rare, and just about the time you get into the groove, a rock,
> patch of ice, misplaced mogul or a big fat flat spot shows itself. (Not
> that these aren't fun to dance around in general).  For me, the
> Killington experience really enhanced my bump skiing and the whole scene
> with sun, food, corn, air and wipeouts etc. is a spectacle in itself.
>

>                                                 J. Spin

I have to agree with Jay,  I have people stop me in the lodge at various
resorts in december and ask " are we going to do Killington this year in
May...?"  To be thnking of it that early in the season is really saying alot
about the skiing on one trail.  The lines are great, the people are great and
you can do more for your bump skiing in one day than you can in a whole
season.

take care,
swartzie^2