8:00am Phone rings and I can't find it.  I hear Rob talking into the machine
and I finally locate the phone.  I let him know that I don't see us leaving
within the next hour but that we will see them up there.  When we get down
stairs i get a massage from Wendita and she says they are headed up as well
(she must still be trying to make up for that day we missed Jay...).

Pam and I arrive in the upper lot at about 11:00 and are greeted by Greg
and Patrick taking their first beer break.  Patrick already looks like he
has been vacationing in Bermuda from a morning of skiing in the sun.

We head up with Greg and Patrick and take a cruise down Sterling liftline.
Liftline is in really nice shape with the snow being a little wet but really
nice lines all the way down.  First run and a patroler takes issue with me
saying I was skiing too fast and out of control.  I guess the fact that I skied
past him at mach 1, came within 6 feet (not close at all) of him as he was
starting to ski, and made him scream in a high pitch voice because I
surprised him, and he was laughed at by the folks standing on the hill, had
something to do with it...  Ahhh, the egos of the sunny day weekend
patrolers...

We then head over to Pipeline and find some sweet conditions there asa
well.  Ah, bumps in the sunshine...

We take another run down liftline hoping to find the rest of the BUrlington
contingent.  instead I a spy the green-plaid-one on the chair.  We spend a
few runs trying to get in synch and finally meet up with the Good Doctor
and Wes real time.  But first we hike to wishbone. At this point we find Jim
but no Burlington group.  We head down through wishbone and find that the
woods are very skiable as long as someone else has gone through.

Another run down Liftline and the group is spotted on the chair.  MOst of
my group takes a beer break and I head up to see if I can catch the
Burlington contigent.  They wait for me on the hill and I notice some
boarders building a huge jump on a waterfall-type area near the top of
liftline.

I finally hook up with the Burlington contingent and get hazed because I
wasn't there for first chair or something and we all ski off.  I guess all the
runs I got in while they were on their "lunch" break makes up for it.

The rest of the gang is at the bottom after their beer break, Wes and the
Good Doctor (hey, where'd you go?!) are also there and we are now a full
force flotilla.  We take a large group-shred of liftline with whooping and
hollering everywhere.   The snowboarders are finished with there
monument and it is a huge, very large kicker that shoots you off into the
great beyond off of a little cliff-type thang.  I hit it in what I believe to be a
conservative approach and end up 25 feet in the air doing a daffy.  Man, the
ground falls away quick. This becomes my favorite jump and we keep
hitting it the rest of the day.  Large air.

Next, we head back to wishbone with the whole flotilla.  We enjoy the views
and wendy and pam commune with nature and we are off down wishbone.
Even better with more people cutting it up.  It even terrified Wendita and
her Bo a bit, or was it just all the hazing that was going on...

More runs down liftline and we lose a couple of folks.  Next, part of the
group heads for wishbone and I head for Liftline to hook up with a bunch of
Smuggs employees and our last run of the year while the resort is
officially open.  A great run was had.  It says alot about your season when
the bartender says a tearful "goodbye" and "have a nice summer" at the
bottom of the run!  Actually it was a bit sad to say goodbye to a bunch of
new friends for the season.  Ahhh, but one of 'em recruited me for some
sailboat conference races, so I'll have to start into another season...

Great day...

Good finally hooking up with you Wes, hope you enjoyed your days off. See
ya at K-mart.

Swartzie^2