  I live in the White River Junction, Vermont area.
  I ski MRG when they are open, K. on VT days and when
nobody else is open or good.
  From the I-89 / I-91 interchange it's about 45 or
so minutes to Bear Mountain at K., 10 minutes longer
to the K. Peak base lodge. (Route 4 through Woodstock
- beware of police with radar guns).
  To Mad River Glen, I usually go all the way on 89 to
the Middlesex exit just north of Montpelier and come south
on 100B.  I takes me about 1 hour 25 minutes on dry roads
if I'm not pressing my luck (I do see the state police
with people pulled over, not often, but sometimes).

   - Randy