      I hesitate to bring this up--
On Ned and Stacey (sitcom) there was a "date from hell"--a woman who
works on the reference desk at a library, who arrived for her date in
drab work-a-day clothes, cried for hours, got clingy, and sent hate
mail to her unfortunate blind date for weeks afterward because he
wanted her to go home (rejection hurts).
     On High Incident (a cop drama) the cops chased an armed man up to
a library, where the man ran in.  Moments later, a male librarian
walked out.  The cops, guns drawn, shouted at him to show his hands,
to drop the metal object in his hands, to get down on the ground.  The
idiot kept trying to reason with them, explaining that he had just
been in the restroom and now had to lock up the library, etc.  He was
lucky he didn't get his head blown off.
     Yikes!
B. R. Pfannenstiel
asking that we don't actually repeat the entire libn image discussion
from last year--
[log in to unmask] is where you can flame me personally rather
than burden the Medlib-l list.