>Seeking help (systems analysis) or reports of success for implementing
>concurrent completion of physicians' notes
>in patient records, to be ready at time of hospital discharge.
>Mrs. Carolann Purcell
>Library and Resource Center,
>Saint Francis Medical Center
>Peoria, IL  61637 (309) 655-2035; fax 309-655-6997
MESSAGE BEGINS:
Sorry I can NOT give you reports of success from HOSPITAL operations,
but as is often the case it is wise for you to go to OTHER industries
to see how things can be done swiftly and accurately when they have
to be:
  have you considered:
  the simultaneous transcriptions type devices that are now used
in major corporatioins,
  dictation is into electronic digitized memory, NOT "scratchy magnetic tape"
  TRANSLATION from voice to paper is LIVE (OR NEARLY SO).
   Over 80 percent of all entrants into Court Reporter School are dropouts.
  This large pool of dropouts is cheaply tapped and a FAST, ACCURATE but
 NOT SUFFICIENTLY SKILLED TO BE CERTIFIED, person is hired.
  the "court reporter" listens to the recorded voice and TYPES, a computer
 instantly translates from "court reporter codes" to "WordPerfect" or other
common package.
  A rought draft is ready within thirty seconds of endof dictation.
  The draft is sent for immediate spellcheck, format, etc and finished
  product is professional in appearance and ready withing two minutes
 of Endof dictation.
  This is now done in several law firms-- no need to buy the expensive
Lanier system, but their literature will help you.
  Implementation for a law firm with 20 attorneys has been accomplished
for less than 5,000 dollars.  Assume voice output of 20 attorneys per day
is at least equivalent to dictation output of 40 doctors.
 Note also:  Grafitti software will "recognize" a trained writer,
             this program is "bundled" with Newton,
              a not too sensibly designed PDI available at
             about six hundred.
Good Luck,
Will provide additional info if you contact me
directly
MESSAGE ENDS
###