FYI, I met with my hospitals' Personnel Dir. this am.

The Pers. Dir. said that she had not questioned the masters.  IT WAS THE
ADMINISTRATOR'S SECRETARY THAT QUESTIONED MY LISTING MASTERS DEGREE ON
MY JOB DESCRIPTION!!!!  This secretary apparently did not think it was
right for my job position to list masters when the hosp. administrator
wasn't required to have a master's and at present does not have one.

I showed the Pers. Dir. the JCAHO definition of a health sciences
librarian and also showed her the job advertisement for my position,
which was listed in MLA News in Dec. 1978.  This documentation
immediately convinced her that masters was the min. degree required.
I offered to show her further documentation that I had, but she said
what I showed here was enough.

FYI:  my reporting "officer" is the administrator.
      this same administrator was the assistant admin. at the time I
      was hired for the job I have now.

I didn't say this to the Personnel Dir., but I personally don't think
secretary's should have the authority to question this kind of thing.

Anyway, this situation all turned out just fine.  Thanks for all your
comments, ideas, and info. faxed to me in the last few weeks.  Once
again, MEDLIB-L proves its usefulness.  THANKS A BUNCH!