     I am overwhelmed by the responses I received by 11:00 am (est)!
     A total of 12 e-mail answers, 4 articles (all different sources
     and angles:-), an offer to contact a contact at the FAA, and 8
     wonderful clues & suggestions!!!!!

     THANK YOU ALL:-)  I will be certain to let the patron know how I
     was able to answer her question...through the kind folks @
     MEDLIB!!

     Oh, for those interested:  The crash occured in Stevens Point, WI
     the Sunday after Thanksgiving 1995.  A 36 yr old Green Bay
     Packers fan who had been at a game in Ohio protected himself from
     head injuries by using a foam "cheesehead" wedge that he had at
     the game.  He was the only passenger on board; the pilot was
     released from hospital the next day after being treated for head
     injuries, & no, he was not wearing a cheesehead!  Sales of
     cheeseheads did rise after the accident.  (But I don't think I'll
     use one to drive to work:-)  Some of you may have seen him on
     Leno/Letterman.

     Thanks again to everyone who helped!!

     Elizabeth Irish
     Head of Public Services