> >My main interest now is in structuring the program. What can we accomplish
> >in a four  weeks? What is the best age range for this?

Diane, -- how many hours each day do you have? Part of the first session
will be devoted, in any case, to navigation, right? If you are using LYNX,
bookmark some cool sites or run webchat from your host and show them how
to chat with each other!

If you have electronic library access, that is a great thing to show kids
of almost any age. It usually is simple enough to get them up to speed and
often something they already know a little about.

Then don Cahn said:

> Why not just use ATT worldnet for $19.95, this feed should suffice
> to let people access the internet. But don't restrict them to 286's
> you are wasting valuable resources and crippling their view of the
> internet.

I disagree. I don't believe it wastes anything. Kids, I think could
benefit from three or four things in a short period of time, none of which
requires graphical uses:
	1. e-mail. Send the president a note!
	2. chat with each other.
	3. Find a library book.
	4. Find info about a musician they really like.

Have a least Graphics capable terminals, otherwise the training
> is more difficult and the returns harder to establish early.

LYNX is very simple both to teach and to learn.  People pick it up very
fast.

> As for splitting this signal into several signals from a hub, that depends
> on costs and cost for one month of fancy stuff hard to justify. Probably
> best to keep it simple :).  I.e have at least one graphic browser, rest
> can be dumb terminals for text based if thats all you have.

With a graphical Charlotte's Web Mini-Hub, you could easily put three or
four graphical terminals onto the Internet sharing a single phone line.
Or you could put 10 text-based computers online independently while having
them share a phone line.

Steve Snow
Project Director
Charlotte's Web