Hello

With the changing scene in Australian health - privatisation, contracting
of services etc.... hospital/health libraries are affected.

Few private hospitals, with the exception of larger teaching hospitals,
employ professional librarians.

The Australian Private Hospital Assoc will be conducting a survey of
their members.   Virginia Walsh has made arrangements so that
we can include some questions in this survey.  e.g. Do they employ a
professional librarian?  where do they go for information?

ANY IDEAS SUGGESTIONS REPLY TO [log in to unmask] A.S.A.P
- FRIDAY IS THE DEADLINE - unfortunately I have had problems with my email
and could not post the message till now.

Following on from this we have the opportunity to publish an article in the
Australian Private Hospital Association newsletter next month  re the importance
of hospital/health libraries.  Any ideas, suggestions, inclusions etc welcome -
send to Virginia or I.

Kathy Saurine
Manager, Library & Information Services
Dr Richard Buttfield Library
Dept. Community & Health Services
North West Region
PO Box 258 Burnie Tasmania 7320

Ph 004 306534  Fax 306686

Kathy Saurine
Manager, Library & Information Services
Dr Richard Buttfield Library
Department of Community & Health Services
PO Box 258 Burnie Tasmania  Australia 7320

Ph 004 306534   Fax 004 306686