(Please forgive me if this has already been stated - I have been off this list
for awhile)

Did you know that the last two videos sent to you from your NCME subscription
are dated as 1996 but were actually produced as far back as 1989?

Video #697 -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Lyme Disease, 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Dermatology, Winter 1990)

              Topical Vitamin C ..., 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Dermatology, Spring 1992)

              Prevention of Poison Ivy..., 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Dermatology, Fall 1990)

              Chronic Actinic Dermatitis, 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Dermatology, Spring 1991)

Video #698 -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging ..., 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Oncology, Spring 1989)

              Stem Cell Factor ..., 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Oncology, Fall 1991)

              Changing Status of Bone Marrow Transplantation ..., 1996
              (Copied from Video Jn. Oncology, Spring 1993

              Apoptosis
              (This program doesn't seem to be copied)

I spoke to Arthur Collatkin (spelling ?) at NCME who is in charge of the
videos.  Although the Video Jns. of Dermatology and Oncology were produced by
NCME, Mr. Collatkin did not seem to understand that you cannot take an old
production date and put a new one on it just because you deem the information
in the program is still valid.  I told him that you must at least indicate that
the program is "Reissued" and show the original date.  And why should I pay for
what I already have?  I questioned the legality of what he did?  I told him I
am no longer confident in his programs -- how do I know NCME hasn't done this
before?  He assured me it wasn't.  After much reluctance he agreed to provide
me with two additional tapes to my subscription.  I asked him about all the
other subscribers across the country who should be getting the same.  He said
nothing.

I suggest you call him and request the two additional tapes, and tell him that
this cannot happen again!!!

Lydia Friedman
Medical Library
Maimonides Medical Center