Ian and Peter,

Some of the following papers might be useful, although I can't recall
reading much about the actual devices tested.  If you find the "definitive"
report, please post it on the list serve!

Best,

-Jeff

Gat, J.R.  1980.  The isotopes of hydrogen and oxygen in precipitation.  In
P. Fritz and J.C. Fontes, ed. Handbook of Environmental Isotope
Geochemistry.  Amsterdam, Elsevier, I, 21-47.

Holloway, R.W.  1993.  Tritium in surface waters of the western United
States.  Radiochimica Acta, 62,317-220.

Leventhal, J.S. and W.F. Libby.  1970.  Tritium fallout in the Pacific
United States.  Journal of Geophysical Research, 75(36), 7628-7633.

Libby, W.F.  1955.  Tritium in nature.  Journal of the Washington Academy
of Sciences, 45(10), 301-314.

Libby, W.F.  1963.  Moratorium tritium geophysics.  Journal of Geophysical
Research, 68(15), 4485-4494.

Menon, M.P., K.K. Menon and P.K. Kuroda.  1963.  On the stratospheric
fallout of bomb-produced Cerium isotopes.  Journal of Geophysical Research,
68(15), 4495-4500.

At 10:32 7/6/96 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>We are reviewing some of the literature on radionuclide production in the
>atmosphere as a consequence of thermonuclear bomb testing over the past
>four decades. There are conflicting references to the devices tested,
>their year of detonation and their magnitude (and radionuclide
>production). Does anyone know of an accessible reference for this
>information?
>
>Regards to all
>
>Ian Clark, Peter Fritz
>University of Ottawa

##################################
Dr. Jeffrey C. Strasser

U.S. Army Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory
72 Lyme Rd.
Hanover, NH 03755-1290
(603) 646-4767 (ph)
(603) 646-4785 (fax)