To All,
I recently bought an isocarb for our SIRA-24 and it's working. In previous
modells they used glass sample buckets. In our they use metal (SS?) ones.
My problem is that the samples (forams) are shaken out of the buckets while
the stepper motor makes it's steps. Powdered samples spill less material
but still enough to cause severe contamination. After a run I can see a
trace of carbonate powder on the bottom plate. Some of it is pushed forward
with each bucket into the acid. I drilled out some conical shaped buckets
to have upstanding sides but even then material was thrown out of them.
Maybe I can mount a smoother walking stepper motor but I don't know if they
exist.
Is anyone familiar with the problem and how did you solve it?
thanks
Arnold

 Arnold van Dijk
 Institute of Earth Scienses, University Utrecht
 Budapestlaan 4
 P.O.Box 80021        Phone : (xx)-31-(0)30-2535004
 3508 TA  Utrecht     Fax   : (xx)-31-(0)30-2535030
 Nederland            E-mail: [log in to unmask]