Frank,
        I have not found a reference that works out the relevant equations
specificially for fractionation in IRMS inlets.  However, there is a large
literature on general vacuum technology and engineering, which is used to
design pumping systems, and applies to this general issue.  A convenient and
condensed discussion with references can be found in the product guide from
Leybold Vacuum Products, Inc. "Product and Vacuum Technology Reference
Book"; the issue before me is dated 1992.  There is a discussion of laminar,
molecular, and knudsen flow regimes, the latter of which cause isotopic
fractionation.  Isotope flow through crimped aperatures is not specifically
covered since the vacuum folks care less about isotopes.  However, the
equations are there that can be used to show that, for instance, heavy
species are selected against when moving through a molecular leak (defined
by mean free path).  Check with the local physicists for this reference if
you don't have it.
        I'm also curious to know if anyone knows of an available reference
that treats isotopic flow specifically.
Regards,

Tom Brenna
Cornell University