Date:          Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:32:47 -0700
From:          Bill Beymer <[log in to unmask]>
To:            [log in to unmask]
Subject:       3D color power angio?

We just receive an upgrade to our ultrasound system which allows us to do
#D reconstructions with the color power angio feature.  Really neat
pictures of the vasculature of the liver, kidneys, placenta etc.  Now
tell me, what do we do with it?  Has anyone heard or read of any
diagnostic uses of this feature?

Bill

Dear Bill

We just rec'd 3D CPA a few weeks ago along with a few other sites in
the northeast quadrant.  Our initial experience even with kidney
transplants has been limited from a diagnostic standpoint.  We have
looked at proximity injuries, transplants, TCD, and arterial stents
and are still fumbling to find a niche.  I have talked to a few folks
with this upgrade and we all decided to keep each other informed of
any monumental breakthroughs - IOD is my next 3d cpa frontier.
Please keep us informed of your results and I will let you know if
something develops from here.

Gail