Amy E. Schwartz has written an interesting op-ed in yesterday's
Washington Post (7/15/96). She talks about the ALA conference as an
"exchange typified by the uneasy mix of futurist fervour and residual if
stubborn book love that has marked this year's conference"
She goes on to state that "librarians, that supposedly quiet group. are
starting to feel their muscle. The conference theme of "equity on the
Information superhighway" reflects the approach the ALA has adopted in
making the Internet available. I don't know if the editorial is available
online but if anyone wants a copy I can fax it. Just supply me with your
fax number when your reply (not to the list ofcourse)

* Janice Lester                                 Tel (301) 279-6101       *
* Shady Grove Adventist Hospital                Fax (301) 279-6500       *
* 9901 Medical Center Drive                     e-mail [log in to unmask] *
* Rockville, MD 20850                                                    *