MICHELYNN wrote:

> I use FileMaker Pro  for just about every aspect of my serials
> control *except* check in.  If you find that really works with
> all the vagaries of publishing schedules, I'm very eager to
> see it!!  Meanwhile, we're still checking with pencils on
> visidex cards.  More power to you!
>
>         AHOMAOKLAHOMAOKLA    Michelynn McKnight    M
>                        O    Phone: 405/360-8385    A
>                         K   FAX: 405/321-6576      O
>                          L        @->->---         K
> Director, Health Sciences Library, Norman Regional Hospital,
> PO Box 1308, Norman, Oklahoma, 73070, USA

Anyone in that profession knows that that check-in of journals is a pain.
Even in specially programmed tools it is not so easy.

A template for Serials check-in in a conventional database my be found on
page 10ff of "Automating the Library with AskSam. A practical Handbook,
by Marcia D.Talley and Virginia McNitt, published by Meckler 1991, ISBN
0-88736-801-8

Hope this helps
Coonstantin Cazan

| Mag.rer.nat.Dr.phil.             | Tel.: +43 1 97 037 324           |
| Constantin C.Cazan               | Fax : +43 1 97 037 399           |
| Schering Wien GmbH               | email: [log in to unmask]  |
| Library and Documentation Dept.  |        (Compuserve: 100016,2752) |
| A-1147 Wien, Austria, Europe     |          LESS IS MORE            |