We are called the Health Education Library for People -
we thought the acronym would be easy to remember - and that
is what we are trying to do - to help people to help themselves !

While I do agree that there is a difference between education
and information, we do hope that our patrons will use the information
we have to educate themselves - after all, information which does not
educate is of little use !

> On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Cheryl Goodwin wrote:
>
> > We are rethinking the name of our Consumer Health/Patient Education
library.
> > It is currently called the "Consumer Education Resource Center" which is an
> > admirable name that attempts to show that the resources are both for the
> > patient and for those providing patient education.  However, in reality,
mos
> > people do not understand what it means or where it is in our medical
center.

> > I would like to do a quick survey on what other libraries called their
> > patient/consumer libraries.  We are hoping to find a simple, clear name and
> > I'm big on using other's ideas, rather than recreating the wheel.
> >
> > Please respond directly to me.  If there's enough interest I will summarize
> > for the list.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Cheryl M. Goodwin, MLibr
> > Providence Seattle Medical Center
> > Horton Health Sciences Library
> > (206) 320-2425

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD

                    Medical Director
            Health Education Library for People
   India's First Consumer Health Education Resource Center
"Om Chambers", 5th floor, Kemps Corner, Bombay 400 036. India.
         Tel: 91-22-368 3334 . FAX: 91-22-215 0223
               email: [log in to unmask]

Please visit our homepage at http://www.allindia.com/helplib !