In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Bosco Kim) wrote:

>         A couple of questions regarding a D.O. degree.  I hope I'm not
> offending someone.
>         Is a D.O. less "prestigious" that an M.D. degree?
>         How many schools are there in the U.S. training physicians in
> osteopathy?
>         Does a D.O. receive less training than an M.D.?
>         If one is a D.O., does he have an ethical responsibility to inform
all
> patients clearly that he is not an M.D.?
>
> Thanks ahead,
> Bosco
>
> -------------------------
> Bosco Kim

Bosco:
A D.O. degree is just as prestigious as an M.D. degree as the
degree-holder,if you will,has worked just as hard to obtain this
degree.There are many Osteopathic Medical Schools(some of which have
University status). A D.O. recieves no more or no less training than an
M.D.(although some of the old-timers will beg to differ with me). A D.O.
has no more of an ethical resposibility of informing a pt. of his degree
as an M.D. does.A D.O. degree does not imply an "inferior
Physician".Thanks for inquiring. I hope this helped.
 Howard L. Spector,D.O.('75)

--
Howard L. Spector, D.O.