While I am not the person who asked about this tape, I had a question
about it from a patron only last week -- and I have listened to the tape
myself.  Dr. Joel Wallach is the speaker on
the tape.  He is both a veterinarian and an (I think) osteopath.  He was a
1994 Nobel Prize for Medicine nominee for his research on selenium
deficiency and cystic fibrosis.  He is referencced on Medline.   The
subject of the tape is mineral deficiences as a cause of many diseases.
Although he doesn't actually do a lot of major promotion, it turns out
that Dr. Wallach has developed some kind of mineral supplement in liquid
form which he is selling as a major "preventative" for disease.  The tape
was interesting, but I have no intention of trying his magic potion, I don't
care how "good" his credentials.  Still, I expect we will see more about
him or hear more about this tape from the general press.  By the way, there
is a website.  When I answered the patron's question, I found it by
searching for "joel Wallach".

Beverly S. Richardson, M.S.L.S.
Wake Medical Center Medical Library
3024 New Bern Avenue