Vigdor Schreibman - FINS <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>  Perhaps, Michael Chui, will disclose what his professional role in these
>matters has been, and his relationship to MCI, so that readers are fully
>informed of his conflict of interest.

	I'm a graduate student working on a Ph.D. in computer science
and cognitive science at Indiana University, studying Human-Computer
Interaction.  I also have the privilege of serving as Executive
Director of HoosierNet, Inc. <http://www.bloomington.in.us/>, a
nonprofit community network in Bloomington, Indiana.
	As for corporate affiliations, when I was an undergraduate at
Stanford, I worked at the since-closed IBM Palo Alto Scientific
Center, where I did non-Internet-related work on artificial
intelligence.  Also, one summer, I selected MCI as my long distance
voice carrier, and enrolled in Friends and Family.  And some day, I'd
really like to meet Vint Cerf <http://innovate.si.edu/pages/leadmci.htm>.
	In short, my only connection to the NSFNET transition was as
an Internet user.  My apologies to those for whom this message is an
off-topic distraction.

Michael Chui

P.S. There was typo in the URL I gave for information about NSFNET
history.  The correct URL is <http://www.merit.edu/nsfnet/>.